Home / Media Center / Announcements / September 2014 / JOB VACANCIES
30 SEPTEMBER 2014, BY
Penang Port is the oldest and longest established port in Malaysia. The port handles all types of cargo such as containers, liquid, dry bulk, break-bulk etc and provides a multitude of services via its various terminals and facilities.
To meet our expansion plans and growth, the company invites suitably qualified Malaysian to fill the following position:
The incumbent will be responsible for supervising repairs and maintenance of our ferries (such as fabrication of hull, outfitting, piping), machineries and other craft.
- Degree in Marine/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years working experience
- Knowledge in marine diesel engine, automotive diesel engine, welding process, Marine Department Rules & Regulations, classification Society’s Rules, Regulations and Requirement would be an added advantage
- Strong leadership quality, communication and inter-personal skills to develop and influence relationships,
- Excellence command of the English language both written and oral
Preferable candidates with ship board working experience and possess COC as Marine Engineer on board vessel.
The incumbent will be responsible for safe pilotage services within the compulsory Pilotage District of Penang Port and ensure compliance to all applicable Acts, Rules and Regulations
Possess Certificate of Competency as follows:
- Master of 3000 GT or more Near Coastal Trade Voyages, OR
- Officer in Charge of Navigational watch 500 GT or more unlimited, OR
- Chief Mate of 3000 GT or more unlimited voyages, OR
- Degree in Nautical Studies with at least 1 year experience
The incumbent will assist the Health & Medical Manager to manage the day to day works related to staff medical benefits.
- Diploma in Medical Assistant (registered with Lembaga Pembantu Perubatan)/ Diploma in Nursing or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years in medical management is an added advantage
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates are required to write-in and submit their detailed resume, current and expected salaries together with a recent passport-sized photograph (n.r) to:-
RESOURCING & PAYROLL UNIT
PENANG PORT SDN BHD (283544-D)
NO 1, PESARA KING EDWARD
Email to us at: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date : 12 October 2014